FASTCHECK Criminal Record & Fingerprinting Specialists also provides on-line criminal background checks (record check by name and date of birth only – not fingerprint based) results within 4 hours. All results are strictly confidential and are released directly back to the applicant unless otherwise requested by signing a third party consent waiver form “FASTCHECK CBC (Criminal Background Check) CPIC Consent Form”. The check searches the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database for relevant criminal record information and/or the existence of a CPIC record.
2 types of Criminal Background Checks
Premium Criminal Background Check
Checks the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database against the person’s name and date of birth to identify the possibility of criminal convictions; it also provides a thorough review of other data banks including those which identify the following:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, judicial orders, peace bonds, probation.
- Absolute and Conditional discharges.
- Criminal Charges that have been – Withdrawn, Dismissed or Stayed.
- Negative police contacts.
Basic Criminal Background Check
Checks the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database against the person’s name and date of birth to identify the possibility of criminal convictions; returns will show as:
- Negative – Not having any prior record.
- Confirmation – The CPIC record matches the applicant’s declaration.
- Incomplete – Application is incomplete, something missing from the declaration.
This type of check, however, omits checks of other data banks that could provide valuable screening information
A Declaration of Criminal Record Form can be combined with either of the above noted Criminal Background Checks giving the applicant the opportunity to list any previous charges that may affect their background check.
How to get your Criminal Background Check
Print off and fill in the FASTCHECK CBC (Criminal Background Check) Consent Form (used for both Basic and Premium) filled out and Witnessed by the HR Dept. authority or person of authority, Declaration of Criminal Record (if that applies to you) plus color scans of two(2) pieces of valid government issued identification of which at least one must be a photo ID. Scan the form(s) and the 2 pieces of ID in colour and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identification required: The following are types of acceptable identification:
- Driver’s Licence, Passport, Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Status Card and Nexus card
Note: · All identification must be current and not expired.
Prior to submitting information attachments, Payment must be made. We accept Visa, MasterCard.
FASTCHECK Criminal Record & Fingerprint Specialists are available to process Regular CBC (CPIC), Regular CBC (CPIC) with Declaration and Premium CBC (CPIC) checks from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST M-F or on special requests, excluding statutory holidays.
* Vulnerable Sector Checks can only be performed for positions located within Canada. You must go to your local Police agency as a first step to this process. No agencies are authorized to perform vulnerable sector checks for positions located outside of Canada. This rule applies even if the person will be working for a Canadian organization.